Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. That’s why it’s best to work with a real estate agent right from the start of your search. If you have a Realtor working on your behalf, you’ll have more success at actually getting those keys!
Once you find the home you’re interested in, most people might think the first step is writing an offer. As “The Real Estate Matchmaker” I know my job starts well before that. To help you be successful in securing the home of your dreams, I must first know certain criteria that are important to you that we will build into your offer. For instance, type of financing, move-in date, funds available for pre-closing necessities as well as for closing costs. I will use this information to prepare the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. It is important to lean on your Realtor’s advice here. The market is constantly changing and may not be representative of when your friend or family member bought their last home.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home. (Remember if it is being financed, we have the appraisal to keep the price inline as well.)
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a Realtor who, like me, who puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call, text or email me.