Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in closing on your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate agent.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, your real estate agent will point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss. If you work with the listing agent they are limited to what they are required to disclose about the property, and since their first fiduciary obligation is to the seller, you may miss vital information before writing an offer.
When it comes time to make an offer, your real estate agent will present and negotiate it on your behalf. Again, if you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal real estate agent is there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Coaches you on Do’s and Dont’s of the home buying process.
- Talks you through the current market conditions and strategies for securing an offer on your future home.
- Alerts you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Advises you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Prepares and presents the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Talks you through and provides recommendations as the deal progresses.
- Recommends reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. That’s why I’m the “Real Estate Matchmaker.” And my clients appreciate my professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call, text or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.