The Home Shopping Process
As “The Real Estate Matchmaker”, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I schedule viewings as soon as we can get us into the property so you have the best opportunity to write an offer if you so choose.
When we view properties I will point out not only the selling features of the home, but also any concerns I may see. Once you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. If you have additional questions about the property, I will research these things and provide answers.
As your “Real Estate Matchmaker”, I’m committed to getting you into the right home, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, spacious family room, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, updated kitchen, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon? (And we will go deeper into these items with a home inspection.)
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call, text or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.